- Use the butter knife to pry off the lens of the tap light. Discard or set aside the rest.
- Cut the tap light lens into the oval shape of an eye, wide enough to cover both lenses of your sunglasses from corner to corner.
- Place the tap light lens against the lenses of the sunglasses. Mark the lens with a pencil where the wearer's eyes will be.
- Cut two small slits in the tap light lens, where the wearer's eyes will be. Make sure the slits are wide enough to see through.
- Tape or glue the tap light lens to the sunglasses.
- Paint a large pupil and iris in the color of your choice onto the tap light lens. If desired, cover up the slits with bloodshot eyes, taking care not to get paint on the lenses of the sunglasses.
- If desired, cut eyelashes out of the construction paper and glue them to the top and bottom of the tap light lens.
Tips & Warnings
- This costume can be worn with anything. For a more classical look, wear it with a toga or loincloth. For a more modern cyclops, such as the one on the television show "Futurama," wear the mask with a dress, a suit or army togs.
- Do not wear this costume while driving, or doing anything else where vision impairment may pose a danger to yourself or others.