Sunday 5 May 2013

How to Apply Eye Shadow to Make Eyes Look Bigger






Your eyes can be made to look bigger and more defined through correctly applying eye shadow. Accentuate your eyes with these tips from a professional makeup artist in this free video.

Video Transcript

I'm Sarah, professional makeup artist and licensed aesthetician, and I'm going to show you how to apply eyeshadow to make the eyes look bigger. What you want to keep in mind when you're trying to make the eyes look bigger is you want to stick to lighter, brighter colors. Anything dark is really going to contour the eye, and make it look closed or smaller. So, we're going to start off using this round tip flat brush with a nice, light, ivory highlighter. And, we are going to go from the inside all the way to the outside on the brow bone. We really want to bring attention towards the outer brow bone, so that way, there's a large area for us to look at. It brings the attention not just to the eye, but what's above it, and what's next to it. We'll bring it all the way out. So, then, what we'll do is move on to another brighter color in the same kind of family. I'm going to use this nice, pretty canary yellow, and put that on my angled brush. And, I'm going to put that on the inside of her eye, and almost all the way across. The light colors, the lighter you keep it, the bigger and brighter it'll look. So, after this, I'm going to move on to a nice , pretty, bright, almost pumpkiny orange. And, I'm going to get that on the other side of her lash line, almost over there. So, now what I'm going to do, is go and add a nice pretty, this is another, shimmer makes the eyes look bigger, too. I'm going to put this right in the crease to darken both of those up, and bring that to the outside. This is, this color is not too dark to go in the crease, but dark enough to be noticeable and blend nicely with the other ones. So, now I'm going to blend all those together, using my blending brush. And, I'm just going to make small circles, make sure that these two are blending nice together, and blended all the way out. Now, there's a lot of area to look at for her eye. It's not just her eyelid, but also above it and next to it. And, that's how to make the eyes look bigger. For more tips and tricks, you can check out GlowbySarah.com.